Draw a graph :(

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Vicente_Garc=EDa?=

Hi,

I need to programmatically draw a graph (his nodes and his edges) from
dynamic XML file. The graph is very complex and I don't know how I could do
this task. Any ideas please? Microsoft Sparkle?

Thanks in advance,
Vicente.

Ken Fine

Hi Vicente,

Buy a .NET native compoent that makes the graph you want and feed your data
in. There are some very exotic packages out there. Telling us what exact
graph you need to make may help here.

Alternately, see if there is a Flash .FLV that will do what you want and/or
program an FLV that will render the data in exactly the way you want. Using
Actionscript, flash can dynamically load and render structured data like
XML.

-KF

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Vicente_Garc=EDa?=

First, sorry for my English,

I have an XML with nodes (I can manipullate it). Also, the XML can
dinamically change then when an user click I must generate an graph with the
nodes and his edges. The edges and the nodes only contains a name and
perhaps a Web hyperlink, that is to say I only want to draw the nodes and
his relations with the others. I would prefer a free component or library
because my boss don't want buy anything :(

Many thanks,
Vicente.

Michael Nemtsev, MVP

Hello Vicente,

Silverlight saves u :)
as i understand u need the graphical container which will redrawn dynamically,
right?

I can generate the GDI images or for example SVG but it will be static.

I'd consider using Silverlight or flash

---
WBR,

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Vicente_Garc=EDa?=

Hi, It does not matter very much. Anything could help me. For instance the
nodes could be circles and the edges could be lines. I only need something
that can symbolize a graph.

Thanks again,
Regards,Vicente.

Guest

Hi,
I am researching Silverlight and flash. For the moment I don't find anything
free that can help me but I will go on searching.
If I find I'll communicate it

Thanks,
Regards,
Vicente.

Michael Nemtsev"; "MVP said:
Hello Vicente,

Silverlight saves u :)
as i understand u need the graphical container which will redrawn
dynamically, right?

I can generate the GDI images or for example SVG but it will be static.

I'd consider using Silverlight or flash

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:
http://spaces.live.com/laflour