Drawing a graph

Ghirai

Hello list,

I need to draw a graph, 2 axes, 2D, nothing fancy.
One of the axes is time, the other one is a series of integers.

I don't care much about the output format.

Are there any specialized libraries for this, or should i use PIL?

Thanks.

Helmut Jarausch

Ghirai said:
Hello list,

I need to draw a graph, 2 axes, 2D, nothing fancy.
One of the axes is time, the other one is a series of integers.

I don't care much about the output format.

Are there any specialized libraries for this, or should i use PIL?

What about Gnuplot.py
http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net/

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Helmut Jarausch

Ghirai said:
Hello list,

I need to draw a graph, 2 axes, 2D, nothing fancy.
One of the axes is time, the other one is a series of integers.

I don't care much about the output format.

Are there any specialized libraries for this, or should i use PIL?

What about Gnuplot.py
http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net/

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Larry Bates

Ghirai said:
Hello list,

I need to draw a graph, 2 axes, 2D, nothing fancy.
One of the axes is time, the other one is a series of integers.

I don't care much about the output format.

Are there any specialized libraries for this, or should i use PIL?

Thanks.
ReportLab graphics works for me.

www.reportlab.org

-Larry

Larry Bates

Ghirai said:
Hello list,

I need to draw a graph, 2 axes, 2D, nothing fancy.
One of the axes is time, the other one is a series of integers.

I don't care much about the output format.

Are there any specialized libraries for this, or should i use PIL?

Thanks.
ReportLab graphics works for me.

www.reportlab.org

-Larry

baalbek

Ghirai said:
Hello list,

I need to draw a graph, 2 axes, 2D, nothing fancy.
One of the axes is time, the other one is a series of integers.

I don't care much about the output format.

Are there any specialized libraries for this, or should i use PIL?

Thanks.

Hey dude, why don't you just bite the bullet and implement your own
plotting classes using wxPython? For your need (nothing fancy, as you
said), relying on your own work is better, and making Python/wxPython
plots is not really difficult. I myself have implemented a complete
stock graphing application in Python using wxPython, including
candlesticks and the works. In the long run, you will be better of
relying on your own effort/understanding, believe me.

Good luck!

Baalbek