    I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point is a
    line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction of
    motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??
    W. eWatson, Feb 5, 2010

  2. W. eWatson

    mk Guest

    W. eWatson wrote:
    > I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point is a
    > line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction of
    > motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

    Pycairo?
    mk, Feb 5, 2010

  3. mk wrote:
    > W. eWatson wrote:
    >> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point
    >> is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction
    >> of motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

    > Pycairo?

    turtle

    http://docs.python.org/library/turtle.html
    Jean-Michel Pichavant, Feb 5, 2010
  4. W. eWatson

    mk Guest

    Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
    > mk wrote:
    >> W. eWatson wrote:
    >>> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point
    >>> is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction
    >>> of motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

    >> Pycairo?
    >>

    > turtle
    >
    > http://docs.python.org/library/turtle.html

    It's in standard library, and therefore Not Cool.

    <duck>
    mk, Feb 5, 2010
  5. On 2010-02-05, W. eWatson <> wrote:

    > I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each
    > point is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing
    > the direction of motion. There should be x-y coordinates
    > axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

    I'd probably use gnuplot-py, but I'm probably biased since I've
    been using gnuplot since way before I learned Python.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Hello, GORRY-O!!
    at I'm a GENIUS from HARVARD!!
    Grant Edwards, Feb 5, 2010
  6. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    On 2/5/2010 9:30 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
    > On 2010-02-05, W. eWatson<> wrote:
    >
    >> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each
    >> point is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing
    >> the direction of motion. There should be x-y coordinates
    >> axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ??

    > I'd probably use gnuplot-py, but I'm probably biased since I've
    > been using gnuplot since way before I learned Python.

    It appears this is easier than I thought. MLB's plot will do it. I can
    put arrows at the end of a line, and even use sleep to watch the path
    slowly evolving.
    W. eWatson, Feb 6, 2010