    achieve this.
    Do any of you have any experience or ideas with this?

    -Ryan

    Ryan McGovern, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Ryan McGovern

    Dido Sevilla Guest

    On 7/27/06, Ryan McGovern <> wrote:
    > I want to have a drb server that uses the drb-ssl library automatically
    > start up on boot.
    >
    > To do this i need a program that can provide the password into the
    > prompt. I've tried all combanations of pipes into the drb program to
    > achieve this.
    > Do any of you have any experience or ideas with this?

    Why not store your private key (which is what I assume the password is
    for) in plaintext form anyway? You might as well do that, rather than
    go through the hoops of attempting to provide the password elsewhere
    (itself in plaintext). Both methods are equally (un)secure, my
    suggestion has the advantage of attempting to machine-provide a
    password to a program that is trying its darndest to prevent that. To
    save the private key in plaintext, the following command should
    suffice:

    openssl rsa -in mykey.key -out mykey.key.unsecure

    and use mykey.key.unsecure instead of mykey.key for the certificate
    private key used by your program.

    Dido Sevilla, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Ryan McGovern

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Jul 26, 2006, at 12:33 PM, Ryan McGovern wrote:

    > I want to have a drb server that uses the drb-ssl library
    > automatically start up on boot.
    >
    > To do this i need a program that can provide the password into the
    > prompt. I've tried all combanations of pipes into the drb program
    > to achieve this. Do any of you have any experience or ideas with this?

    You want to use a passwordless SSL key.

    --
    Eric Hodel - - http://blog.segment7.net

    http://trackmap.robotcoop.com