dreamweaver and .net - need help to start development

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by julia, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. julia

    julia Guest

    hi guys,
    i've never used the google this way before but my friend had
    recommended me to try to talk to people and share the problem i am
    having with the project i have
    anyways, i'll give it a try...
    i am a web designer and only know the front end coding - not a tech
    person. i am ok with dreamweaver but i am not very advanced with all
    of it features.
    now, i am looking at the project where i need to design a web site (i
    am using dreamweaver for the layout, templates, styles...) and
    implement the .net - .aspx page in to my design.
    where do i start? do i need to set up the site any differently than
    usual. most importantly, when i create a template do i need to do it
    somehow differently than just always?
    how do i make dreamweaver to apply the template to the aspx pages? i
    tried on a couple of pages and for some reason after page was added
    with the .net aspx code it no longer lets me apply the template saying
    there is an arrow ....please, help if you can.
    thanks a lot!
    julia.
    julia, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Create the pages as .aspx pages in Visual Studio .NET (or the free Web Matrix
    from www.asp.net -- from here on, consider my call to VS.NET as meaning
    either VS.NET or Web Matrix) is the easiest. Then, move to design in
    Dreamweaver for the tagged portion (the .aspx page). For code, you will want
    to use VS.NET; keep the design in Dreamweaver.

    You can create .aspx files in Dreamweaver, but it will try to push you to DW
    specific items. This may save you some time, so I am not completely against
    them, but DW is not as clean at keeping code and UI tags separated into two
    files.

    ---

    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Sep 22, 2004