dreamweaver and .net - need help to start development

julia

hi guys,
i've never used the google this way before but my friend had
recommended me to try to talk to people and share the problem i am
having with the project i have
anyways, i'll give it a try...
i am a web designer and only know the front end coding - not a tech
person. i am ok with dreamweaver but i am not very advanced with all
of it features.
now, i am looking at the project where i need to design a web site (i
am using dreamweaver for the layout, templates, styles...) and
implement the .net - .aspx page in to my design.
where do i start? do i need to set up the site any differently than
usual. most importantly, when i create a template do i need to do it
somehow differently than just always?
how do i make dreamweaver to apply the template to the aspx pages? i
tried on a couple of pages and for some reason after page was added
with the .net aspx code it no longer lets me apply the template saying
there is an arrow ....please, help if you can.
thanks a lot!
julia.

Guest

Create the pages as .aspx pages in Visual Studio .NET (or the free Web Matrix
from www.asp.net -- from here on, consider my call to VS.NET as meaning
either VS.NET or Web Matrix) is the easiest. Then, move to design in
Dreamweaver for the tagged portion (the .aspx page). For code, you will want
to use VS.NET; keep the design in Dreamweaver.

You can create .aspx files in Dreamweaver, but it will try to push you to DW
specific items. This may save you some time, so I am not completely against
them, but DW is not as clean at keeping code and UI tags separated into two
files.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA