Toby Inkster said:
width: 740px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;

Or even better:

width: auto;
margin-left: 2em;
margin-right: 2em;

I am about to give up. The following CSS is pretty close to what I want.
There are some other problems but one major issue is: - in the ARTICLE
section, I want to have some space between the border and the text. Although
Dreamweaver's editor shows that there's a gap but IE and Opera both showing
no whitespace around the border.

..header {
width: 640px;
font-weight: bold;
height: 36px;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
text-align: right;
}

..footer {
height: 36px;
vertical-align: text-bottom;
font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
font-size: smaller;
color: #00FFFF;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
}

..article {
width: 640px;
border: thin dotted #0000FF;
padding: 16;
text-align: left;
background-color: #FFFF00;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
margin: 16;

rf

Els said:
ROFL!

Crossposted this one to aww, hope you don't mind ;-)

Els, you are a Bad Girl. AWW is, however, where this belongs :)

How about a chardonnay, I've just opened another one...

Perhaps a Two Dogs?

My wife drinks Two Dogs. It's a sort of vodka wine lemonade thingy.

You are actually required to ask me what the name of the drink means. :)

Els

rf said:
Els, you are a Bad Girl. AWW is, however, where this
belongs :)

So how am I Bad then? ;-)
How about a chardonnay, I've just opened another one...
Nah..

Perhaps a Two Dogs?

What's that?
My wife drinks Two Dogs. It's a sort of vodka wine lemonade
thingy.

If you take the wine out, that'll do, yes, thank you :)
You are actually required to ask me what the name of the
drink means. :)

Hey Richard, btw, what does Two Dogs stand for?

atec

Els said:
So how am I Bad then? ;-)

What's that?

If you take the wine out, that'll do, yes, thank you :)

Hey Richard, btw, what does Two Dogs stand for? you shouldn't have asked "+_)

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

rf

leo said:
I am about to give up. The following CSS is pretty close to what I want.
There are some other problems but one major issue is: - in the ARTICLE
section, I want to have some space between the border and the text. Although
Dreamweaver's editor shows that there's a gap but IE and Opera both showing
no whitespace around the border.

Do *not* believe what dreamweaver displays. The only valid displayers are
the actual browsers.

At this point a URL is mandatory, not just a bit of CSS.

rf

Els said:
Hey Richard, btw, what does Two Dogs stand for?

Er, its related to an old joke about an indigenous American boy who is
wondering how his siblings, Little Dove and Running Deer, came about their
names. He asked Great Bear, his daddy, why. Great Bear answered...

Toby Inkster

rf said:
Er, its related to an old joke about an indigenous American boy who is
wondering how his siblings, Little Dove and Running Deer, came about their
names. He asked Great Bear, his daddy, why. Great Bear answered...

"It is because our people name children after what they see when they were
born. For example, when your sister was born, we looked out and saw a
small white dove flying past, so we called her Little Dove. Why do you
ask, Two Dogs Fucking?"

Els

Toby said:
"It is because our people name children after what they see
when they were born. For example, when your sister was
born, we looked out and saw a small white dove flying past,
so we called her Little Dove. Why do you ask, Two Dogs
Fucking?"

Makes me wonder... what exactly is in that drink? :)

rf

Els said:
Makes me wonder... what exactly is in that drink? :)

<grabs empty bottle>
Hmmm. I was wrong originally. [who knows what a wife will drink?].

"Two Dogs lemon brew. Naturally refreshing beer and lemon drink"

Basically malt beer and lemon juice. Then again it *is* produced over in
South Australia :)

atec

rf said:
Makes me wonder... what exactly is in that drink? :)

<grabs empty bottle>
Hmmm. I was wrong originally. [who knows what a wife will drink?].

"Two Dogs lemon brew. Naturally refreshing beer and lemon drink"

Basically malt beer and lemon juice. Then again it *is* produced over in
South Australia :) that's why it tastes like GP's

Els

Toby said:
Two Dogs was pretty much the original alcopop. Vodka and
lemonaide (sp?) mainly.

I figured that, but where's the connection between the name and
that story then?

Neal

Hmmm <checks headers> Oh, the berlin thing.

You must be on our side of the planed Neal :)

Unless you live in Californio where IIRC it's coctail hour for most of
the
day.

US East coast. And now it's late morning. And stop typing so loud. :-S

leo

rf said:
Do *not* believe what dreamweaver displays. The only valid displayers are
the actual browsers.

At this point a URL is mandatory, not just a bit of CSS.

Okay. I fixed it. px was missing from all the 16's.