    me? I really do not want to have to design the whole site over and I do not
    know how to fix the pages I already did. Any help would be great!

    Laura

    Laura, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Laura" <>
    writing in news:03YZf.108$:

    > Can anyone help
    > me? I really do not want to have to design the whole site over and I
    > do not know how to fix the pages I already did.

    One of best reasons I have ever seen for writing markup by hand.

    To the OP: run the page through a validator <http://validator.w3.org>, see
    what it comes up with, and fix any errors. Next time, back everything up
    in a separate directory that might be affected by a software upgrade

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Apr 9, 2006

  3. Laura

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Laura wrote:
    > Hi, I just recently switched from an older version of DW to MX. I have
    > developed a site based on templates. You can see it here.
    > http://paranormal.oddlongisland.com
    > Everything was working fine for a while but I am running into a problem. My
    > template covers the side bar and the top logo. The main body of text is an
    > editable region. I made a change to the top banner in the template and now
    > my template will save but will not update the html files in my site. There
    > is no error message, it just states that there were 8 files looked at but
    > none updated. I have recreated the site cache and redefined the site but no
    > dice. I have not renamed the file or the Templates folder. Can anyone help
    > me? I really do not want to have to design the whole site over and I do not
    > know how to fix the pages I already did. Any help would be great!
    >
    > Laura

    I have no idea.
    I would suggest that you post a message in the DW NG's as they may know
    more specifics about the software.
    Though, did you make the banner editable??, I would think to make any
    changes to that part of the template that it would need to be editable,
    as otherwise DW locks any uneditable parts of the template, as far as I
    know.
    HTH.

    Chaddy2222, Apr 9, 2006
  4. Laura

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Adrienne Boswell <>
    declaimed:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Laura"
    > <> writing in news:03YZf.108$:
    >
    >> Can anyone help
    >> me? I really do not want to have to design the whole site over and I
    >> do not know how to fix the pages I already did.

    > One of best reasons I have ever seen for writing markup by hand.

    I second that. I took a look at the page, and while I think I have at
    least a bit of expertise, I couldn't fix it. You'd have to know (-and
    probably possess) Dreamweaver which means it's just more proprietary crap.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.

    Neredbojias, Apr 9, 2006
  5. Laura

    Laura Guest

    "Laura" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I just recently switched from an older version of DW to MX. I have
    > developed a site based on templates. You can see it here.
    > http://paranormal.oddlongisland.com
    > Everything was working fine for a while but I am running into a problem.
    > My template covers the side bar and the top logo. The main body of text is
    > an editable region. I made a change to the top banner in the template and
    > now my template will save but will not update the html files in my site.
    > There is no error message, it just states that there were 8 files looked
    > at but none updated. I have recreated the site cache and redefined the
    > site but no dice. I have not renamed the file or the Templates folder. Can
    > anyone help me? I really do not want to have to design the whole site over
    > and I do not know how to fix the pages I already did. Any help would be
    > great!
    >
    > Laura

    Thanks everyone for the help. I finally figured out what my problem was.
    Somehow the template got messed up, not sure how, and it assigned the whole
    template area as editable though it was not like that before. Since the
    whole thing was editable none of my changes were being carried through to
    the other pages. Now I am at a standstill though as I am faced with having
    to redo my entire webpage because I cannot seem to apply a new template (the
    corrected one) to the many pages I have already designed with the old
    template. It gives me an error that something is unresolved and it does not
    know where to place the content. Any ideas for this next step or do I have
    to do them all over again from scratch?

    Laura, Apr 10, 2006