Dreamweaver to ASP.Net 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by csgraham74, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. csgraham74

    csgraham74 Guest

    Hi guys,

    i was hoping someone could help me with an annoying issue.

    I have inherited an asp.net web site built solely in dreamweaver and
    the site uses relative paths. I have however been building an admin
    section for the site in asp.net in a folder in my wwwroot directory.

    when i import the dreamweaver site into my solution none of the links
    or referneces to images or includes pages work correctly - i think this
    is due to ASP.Net creating my solution within a subfolder of the wwroot
    directory

    Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get the links up and running
    correctly without having to redevelop the whole solution. The other
    thing that i do not want is to have to deploy the solution within a
    subfolder and have the web address as something like

    http://domain name/subfolder/default.aspx
    - ideally i want
    http://domain name/default.aspx

    how can i avoid this scenario

    any help appreciated as i tearing my hair out

    thanks

    CG

    csgraham74, Jun 20, 2006

  2. csgraham74

    Jon Paal Guest

    do a search and replace on the file...

    Jon Paal, Jun 20, 2006

  3. csgraham74

    csgraham74 Guest

    Actually just found an article on how to create a multisite root domain
    that did the trick

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Multisite.asp

    just in case anyone has the same issue

    csgraham74, Jun 25, 2006