dreamweaver weird message

Lynn Dougherty

Anyone who may use Dreamweaver, do you know what this error message might
mean?

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose
"Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the problem."

I have no idea what the "busy program" is?

Sincerely,
lynnpd1

Adrienne Boswell

Anyone who may use Dreamweaver, do you know what this error message
might mean?

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.
Choose "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the
problem."

I have no idea what the "busy program" is?

Sounds as if DW is trying to access another program. This could be
something DW is doing, or it could be some spyware on your computer.
What to do (I am assuming this is Windows):

1. Open the task manager. If you do not see DW and the other program
right away, then click on the processes tab. You should see DW and the
other program. Right click on the other program and select Kill
Process. Be careful, however, you don't want to kill a process of a
system program. You might want to Google for Process Manager (MS tool),
and use that instead of the the task manager that comes with Windows.
It has a lot more information and is great for finding out spyware that
might be hiding on your computer.

2. If that doesn't fix it, start looking at spyware or viruses on your
computer. I suggest Spyware Search and Destroy, Sunbelt Personal
Firewall, AVG Free Virus, Spyware Blaster and Hosts Manager. Install
those and run them - that's what I use for client's computer that start
acting haywire.

Blinky the Shark

Lynn said:
Anyone who may use Dreamweaver, do you know what this error message might
mean?

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose
"Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the problem."

Probably something from Microsoft hogging up your resources. ;)