    I have no idea what the "busy program" is?

    Sincerely,
    lynnpd1
    Lynn Dougherty, Dec 20, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Lynn Dougherty"
    <> writing in

    > Anyone who may use Dreamweaver, do you know what this error message
    > might mean?
    >
    > "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.
    > Choose "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the
    > problem."
    >
    > I have no idea what the "busy program" is?

    Sounds as if DW is trying to access another program. This could be
    something DW is doing, or it could be some spyware on your computer.
    What to do (I am assuming this is Windows):

    1. Open the task manager. If you do not see DW and the other program
    right away, then click on the processes tab. You should see DW and the
    other program. Right click on the other program and select Kill
    Process. Be careful, however, you don't want to kill a process of a
    system program. You might want to Google for Process Manager (MS tool),
    and use that instead of the the task manager that comes with Windows.
    It has a lot more information and is great for finding out spyware that
    might be hiding on your computer.

    2. If that doesn't fix it, start looking at spyware or viruses on your
    computer. I suggest Spyware Search and Destroy, Sunbelt Personal
    Firewall, AVG Free Virus, Spyware Blaster and Hosts Manager. Install
    those and run them - that's what I use for client's computer that start
    acting haywire.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 20, 2007

  3. Lynn Dougherty wrote:

    > Anyone who may use Dreamweaver, do you know what this error message might
    > mean?
    >
    > "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose
    > "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the problem."

    Probably something from Microsoft hogging up your resources. ;)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 20, 2007