    grouping is done on single column from result set of sql query, is it
    possible to achieve drill down by grouping on multiple groups?

    -Naseem
    Naseem, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Naseem

    Naseem Guest

    Re: Drill Down in Crystal Reports (Correction)

    I am using CR in ASP.NET , I am able to show drill down graphs where
    grouping is done on single column from result set of sql query, is it
    possible to achieve drill down by grouping on multiple columns?

    -Naseem

    Naseem, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Naseem

    Jim Suruda Guest

    Re: How can I pass form values to another websites

    KFactor-

    If you want to pass a value to another server, but don't want the value to
    be visible to the user in the url, you might try sending
    the value in a cookie. In the first page:

    Response.Cookies.Add(new System.Web.HttpCookie("userID", "300"));
    Response.Redirect("http://somserver.net/Test.aspx");

    Inside the destination page:

    this.Response.Write("User ID is " + this.Request.Cookies["userID"].Value);

    This scheme will pass a value from server to server, without the value
    being in the querystring. Of course, it's not the least bit
    _secure_, as the cookies are sent in the HTTP request, and it's not
    difficult to look at the request.

    Another suggestion:

    Do you want the data to be secure? You could encrypt the userID on the
    first machine, attach it to the querystring (or put it in a
    cookie), and decrypt it on the target machine.

    System.Security.Cryptography has some classes that will let you encrypt
    and decrypt text (DESCryptoServiceProvider is your friend
    here). If you can distribute a shared secrect key to both servers, the
    encrypted userID will be pretty safe unless someone gets hold
    of the secret key.

    Hope this helps,
    Jim Suruda
    Jim Suruda, Dec 7, 2005
  4. Naseem

    Guest

    Naseem,
    I am a little confused. Did you try and add a new group? You should
    be able to drill-down on each group, but as you are probably aware that
    each group added will be above or below the previous group. You may
    want to look into adding a subreport instead of adding multiple groups.

    -brian

    Naseem wrote:
    > I am using CR in ASP.NET , I am able to show drill down graphs where
    > grouping is done on single column from result set of sql query, is it
    > possible to achieve drill down by grouping on multiple groups?
    >
    > -Naseem
    , Dec 7, 2005