Drill Down in Crystal Reports

Naseem

I am using CR in ASP.NET , I am able to show drill down graphs where
grouping is done on single column from result set of sql query, is it
possible to achieve drill down by grouping on multiple groups?

-Naseem

Naseem

I am using CR in ASP.NET , I am able to show drill down graphs where
grouping is done on single column from result set of sql query, is it
possible to achieve drill down by grouping on multiple columns?

-Naseem

Jim Suruda

KFactor-

If you want to pass a value to another server, but don't want the value to
be visible to the user in the url, you might try sending
the value in a cookie. In the first page:

Response.Cookies.Add(new System.Web.HttpCookie("userID", "300"));
Response.Redirect("http://somserver.net/Test.aspx");

Inside the destination page:

this.Response.Write("User ID is " + this.Request.Cookies["userID"].Value);

This scheme will pass a value from server to server, without the value
being in the querystring. Of course, it's not the least bit
_secure_, as the cookies are sent in the HTTP request, and it's not
difficult to look at the request.

Another suggestion:

Do you want the data to be secure? You could encrypt the userID on the
first machine, attach it to the querystring (or put it in a
cookie), and decrypt it on the target machine.

System.Security.Cryptography has some classes that will let you encrypt
and decrypt text (DESCryptoServiceProvider is your friend
here). If you can distribute a shared secrect key to both servers, the
encrypted userID will be pretty safe unless someone gets hold
of the secret key.

Hope this helps,
Jim Suruda

brian_omalley

Naseem,
I am a little confused. Did you try and add a new group? You should
be able to drill-down on each group, but as you are probably aware that
each group added will be above or below the previous group. You may
want to look into adding a subreport instead of adding multiple groups.

-brian