Drilldown starter kit question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Barry Gilbert, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I'm working with the drill-down report from the Reports starter kit.
    I've gotten stuck on the 2nd-level datalist. When I drill-down to this
    level, the datasource function call is firing and my dataset is getting
    populated from the db correctly, but nothing is displayed in the
    datalist. Am I missing something about the datalist config? Here's a
    snip:

    <asp:datalist BorderWidth="3" id="BatchDetail" runat="server"
    DataSource='<%# GetBatchDetail(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,
    "Batch")) %>' RepeatDirection="Vertical" repeatcolumns="1" Width="100%"
    CellPadding="0" cellspacing="0" OnItemCommand="BatchDetail_ItemCommand"
    BorderColor="#ff0033" Visible="true">

    Protected Sub BatchDetail_ItemCommand(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal e As
    DataListCommandEventArgs)
    Dim cmd As String = CType(e.CommandSource, LinkButton).CommandName
    Dim senderlist As DataList = CType(Sender, DataList)
    If cmd = "select" Then
    senderlist.SelectedIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex
    End If
    senderlist.DataSource = GetBatchDetail(CStr(ViewState(_batch)))
    senderlist.DataBind()
    End Sub

    Protected Function GetBatchDetail(ByVal batch As Int32) As
    TechStyle.Reports.Components.DrillDownReportCollection
    Return Reports.Components.DrillDownReport.GetBatchDetail(batch)
    End Function

    Barry Gilbert, Jun 30, 2003