    to the dm9000 register reading/writing timing and the dm9000 chip will
    do things left?

    thank you!

    IcYdRIP, Apr 9, 2005

  2. IcYdRIP

    IcYdRIP Guest

    anyone can give me any instruction? thanks

    I connect iet9000 with a xilinx fpga board.
    and how can I operaton on dm9000? I mean, the dm9000 has already been
    drived in IET9000 or I have to write a driver in VHDL to drive the
    dm9000 chip through the processor interface of dm9000? or I can
    directly operate on dm9000 according to the read/write timing through
    the processor interface of dm9000?
    thanks!

    IcYdRIP, Apr 10, 2005

  3. IcYdRIP wrote:

    > I connect iet9000 with a xilinx fpga board.
    > and how can I operaton on dm9000? I mean, the dm9000 has already been
    > drived in IET9000 or I have to write a driver in VHDL

    No.

    > or I can
    > directly operate on dm9000 according to the read/write timing through
    > the processor interface of dm9000?

    That's it.
    http://www.invector.nu/iet9000.asp

    --Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Apr 10, 2005
  4. IcYdRIP

    IcYdRIP Guest

    thank you, Mike

    So, I can direct read/write registers. now here comes another problem.

    since iet9000 has a 16-bit address/data bus. if the dm9000 wokrs on
    8-bit mode, can I seclect 8 bit of iet9000 as address bus, and another
    8 bits as databus?

    and if dm9000 works on 16-bit, can I define two port: data port and
    address port using the same 16-bit bus of iet9000 in my vhdl entity?

    thanks!

    IcYdRIP, Apr 11, 2005
  5. IcYdRIP wrote:
    > thank you, Mike

    You are welcome.

    > since iet9000 has a 16-bit address/data bus. if the dm9000 wokrs on
    > 8-bit mode, can I seclect 8 bit of iet9000 as address bus, and another
    > 8 bits as databus?
    > and if dm9000 works on 16-bit, can I define two port: data port and
    > address port using the same 16-bit bus of iet9000 in my vhdl entity?

    These are decisions that only
    the designer can make.
    Read all the data.
    Try something and see what happens.