DriverID in JDBC-ODBC bridge

Discussion in 'Java' started by Grzesiek, Oct 21, 2007.

  1. Grzesiek

    Grzesiek Guest

    Hi ,

    I can access MS Access database using the folowing code:

    String filename = "d:/dataBase.mdb";
    String database = "jdbc:eek:dbc:Driver={Microsoft Access
    Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=";
    database+= filename.trim() +
    ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}";
    Connection con =
    DriverManager.getConnection( database ,"","");

    and it works fine. But i have a question. What DriverID stands for?
    Why you write DriverID=22. Are there possible other values of
    DriverID?

    Thanx in advance

    :)

    Grzesiek, Oct 21, 2007

  2. Grzesiek

    Lew Guest

    Grzesiek wrote:
    > I can access MS Access database using the folowing code:
    >

    > Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");
    > String filename = "d:/dataBase.mdb";
    > String database = "jdbc:eek:dbc:Driver={Microsoft Access
    > Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=";
    > database+= filename.trim() +
    > ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}";
    > Connection con =
    > DriverManager.getConnection( database ,"","");
    >

    > and it works fine. But i have a question. What DriverID stands for?
    > Why you write DriverID=22. Are there possible other values of
    > DriverID?

    Responding from comp.lang.java.programmer:
    You know you already asked this question and got answers over on
    comp.lang.java.databases, right?

    Please don't multipost. You can cross-post, as I did here, to unify the
    threads across groups, but you really should set followup to just one group in
    that case.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 21, 2007