Driving win32 GUIs with Python

Andrew McLean

I have a requirement to drive a Windows GUI program from a Python
Script. The program was originally a DOS program written in Turbo
Pascal, and was recently translated to Delphi. I don't think it exposes
an OLE or other automation interface. I don't have access to the source.

A bit of Googling turned up some blog entries, which look useful:

http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/000652.html

Before ploughing ahead I wanted to check whether any useful Python tools
are available now, which weren't when the articles above were written.

While not Python related, The "AutoIT Windows Spy" I found here:

http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

looks like it will be useful.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Regards,

Andrew McLean

Fredrik Lundh

Andrew said:
I have a requirement to drive a Windows GUI program from a Python Script. The program was
originally a DOS program written in Turbo Pascal, and was recently translated to Delphi. I don't
think it exposes an OLE or other automation interface. I don't have access to the source.

A bit of Googling turned up some blog entries, which look useful:

http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/000652.html

Before ploughing ahead I wanted to check whether any useful Python tools are available now, which
weren't when the articles above were written.

watsup is winGuiAuto plus lots of other stuff (focused on testing):

http://www.tizmoi.net/watsup/intro.html

</F>