    Vw Golfer Guest

    I am building a drop down box in html and would like to change the font
    size. Is this possible?

    Vw Golfer, May 27, 2005

  2. Vw Golfer wrote:

    > I am building a drop down box in html

    Do you mean a select element? Many browsers render those as drop down menus.

    > and would like to change the font size. Is this possible?

    Apply the CSS font-family property to it as you would any element. Browser
    support is a touch variable.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, May 27, 2005

  3. Vw Golfer

    Vw Golfer Guest

    "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    > Vw Golfer wrote:
    >
    >> I am building a drop down box in html

    > Do you mean a select element? Many browsers render those as drop down
    > menus.
    >
    >> and would like to change the font size. Is this possible?

    > Apply the CSS font-family property to it as you would any element. Browser
    > support is a touch variable.

    > Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    Thanks for replying but I not sure what you mean: Below are the first few
    lines of my drop down box. I would like to make the font appear smaller if
    poss

    <form name="a864">
    <option selected value="none">Choose guidelines on TB, Atypical TB and Side
    effects</option>
    <option value="http://www.tbandu.co.uk/guidelines/1991tb.pdf">TB
    Notifications 1950-1990</option>

    Vw Golfer, May 27, 2005
  4. Vw Golfer wrote:

    Please trim your quotes to include only relevent material, and don't quote
    sigs. Good news clients won't quote sigs in the first place.

    >> Apply the CSS font-family property to it as you would any element.

    > Thanks for replying but I not sure what you mean: Below are the first few
    > lines of my drop down box. I would like to make the font appear smaller

    Looks like I misread your previous post; that would be "font-size" property,
    not "font-family". Sorry.

    It sounds like you need to find yourself an introductory style sheet
    tutorial. http://css.nu/pointers/index.html#Tutorials

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, May 28, 2005
  5. Vw Golfer

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Vw Golfer <> said:

    > Thanks for replying but I not sure what you mean: Below are the first few
    > lines of my drop down box. I would like to make the font appear smaller if
    > poss

    Text in form elements is generally smaller than normal anyway. Please
    don't make it completely unreadable.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au