drop down control being cleared

Guest

I have on one form a situation where my dropdown fields are cleared upon
clicking on a button or upon return from a show modal window. I've tried
setting the AutoPostBack = "False" and that doesn't work. The textboxes stay
populated with the correct info. All is within a form tag.

example of button:
<asp:Button id="btnconcerncord" cssClass="textbox" CausesValidation="False"
AutoPostBack="False" tooltip="Here is the tool tip" text="?" height="20px"
font-size="10px" Runat="Server" />

And the screen flashes for a nano second, like a refresh.
This is on a Windows 2003 server, using VS2003, and IE 6.0.

I'm not seeing this on another form I'm using? And I don't see any
differences???

Help?