Drop Down Links

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Anthony, Jan 21, 2007.

  1. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Anthony, Jan 21, 2007

  2. Anthony

    mbstevens Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:27:10 -0800, Anthony wrote:

    > I'd like to create drop down links like the ones in the following
    > websites:
    >
    > http://fifa.com/en/organisation/siteMap
    > https://www.docstock.com.au/
    >
    > I'd appreciate it, if someone could post the code for these links.
    > Thanks.

    If your browser can read it, you can. I hope you're patrons are not
    making you use that stuff.
    mbstevens, Jan 21, 2007

  3. On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 04:27:10 +0000, Anthony wrote
    (in article <>):

    > I'd like to create drop down links like the ones in the following
    > websites:
    >
    > http://fifa.com/en/organisation/siteMap
    > https://www.docstock.com.au/
    >
    > I'd appreciate it, if someone could post the code for these links.
    > Thanks.

    I don't get any drop down links on either site (Firefox on a Mac), but having
    looked at the source code this isn't surprising. If you want to copy the
    code, look at the code and copy it.

    --
    Sally in Shropshire, UK
    http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk
    Sally Thompson, Jan 21, 2007
  4. Anthony

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Sally Thompson <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 04:27:10 +0000, Anthony wrote
    > (in article <>):
    >
    > > I'd like to create drop down links like the ones in the following
    > > websites:
    > >
    > > http://fifa.com/en/organisation/siteMap
    > > https://www.docstock.com.au/
    > >
    > > I'd appreciate it, if someone could post the code for these links.
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > I don't get any drop down links on either site (Firefox on a Mac), but having
    > looked at the source code this isn't surprising. If you want to copy the
    > code, look at the code and copy it.

    Neither me. So this is not a good one to copy. Moral: be careful
    trying for a flying start.

    Instead, perhaps read

    <http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/>

    or

    if you want javascript, there is no end of it, google for some
    but try them out in all browsers plus, try to organise it so that
    those who do not have javascript enabled on their machines can
    still use your site, get basic navigation and access most things
    easily (maybe not as prettily)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 21, 2007