drop down list always a vertical display

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Leah, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Leah

    Leah Guest

    Okay. I followed the steps from a MS KB article (306227, i think)
    about how to create a frop down box in a data grid, and bind to data.
    However, the contents always displays vertically, like:

    Instead of

    data

    Any ideas? I can't seem to find a property to set.

    Thanks for any help.

    Leah

    Leah, Sep 7, 2004

  2. how are you binding your code? ( i didn't look at the article)

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Sep 7, 2004

  3. Leah

    Leah Guest

    On Page Load

    Dim strBarcode As String
    strBarcode = Request.QueryString("Barcode")
    SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters(0).Value = strBarcode
    SqlConnection1.Open()
    SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11, "CLDBSysConfig")
    SqlConnection1.Close()
    DataGrid1.DataSource =
    DataSet11.Tables("CLDBSysConfig").DefaultView
    DataGrid1.DataBind()

    Barcode is a foreign key parameter, but shouldn't have any affect on
    the column that displays the data - different item.

    I found a different way to do this, thanks to dotnetjohn.com, but
    still, I'm curious as to why this happens.

    Leah

    Leah, Sep 8, 2004