Drop Down List and Arabic numbers

Mutley

I am finding an issue with the current DropDownList and ListBox ASP.NET Web
Controls.
I had a system set up for Arabic and a string that I put into a drop down
had a number. The letters were being displayed in Arabic but the numbers were
Latin. In other parts of my app ,Arabic numerals would appear as expected.
I found an MSDN link to the following web page that mentioned there was an
issue with the current DropDownList and ListBox ASP.NET Web Controls i.e.
they currently only support Latin numerals.
The link is:-
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...FormsControlsInBi-DirectionalApplications.asp

Is there any workaround for this or will this issue be fixed soon?
Thanks in advance for any help
Cheers
John

Mutley

Sorr I need to update my post,
what I meant is that the numbers that appear are 0,1,2,3 etc.
instead of the arabic equivalent (the writer of the article refers to 0,1,2,3
etc. as Latin numerals which may or may not be correct - doesn't matter). The
issue is that I get 0,1,2,3 etc. when I want the Arabic equivalent of these
digits. You can see the arabic equivalent to these numbers if you go to
regional options in control panel and set the "Your locale (location)" drop
down list on the General options tab to be Arabic. After hitting Apply on
this tab, if you then go to the Numbers tab you can see what the standard
digits are for Arabic.
So with this regional setting if you were to enter a number in a text box
the Arabic standards digits would appear and not the Latin numerals 0,1,2 etc.
Unfortunately if you then go to a drop down control Arabic standard digits
will not appear but you get 0,1,2 etc. instead

Thanks for any further help
John