Drop down list: AutoPostBack doesn't seem to work in Mozilla

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by pschrader, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. pschrader

    pschrader Guest

    Hi !

    I'm using Visual Studio .NET, Windows 2000 professional.

    I made a very simple web application.
    It consits of one web page with a drop down list and a label.
    After an item has been selected from the list,
    the page is supposed to be posted back to the server,
    and there the label text is supposed to be changed.

    This post back mechanism for the drop down list
    works in Internet Explorer 6,
    but not in Mozilla 1.4.
    I don't understand why.

    Here comes the essential part of the web page:

    <P><asp:dropdownlist id="ddlLetters" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">
    <asp:ListItem>A</asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem>B</asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem>C</asp:ListItem>
    </asp:dropdownlist></P>
    <P><asp:label id="lblLetter" runat="server"></asp:label></P>
    </form>

    What must I do to make the post back mechanism work in both Mozilla and IE?

    Your kind help would be appreciated.

    pschrader, Oct 6, 2003

  2. pschrader

    pschrader Guest

    In the meantime I found out by myself how to repair this misbehavior.
    JavaScript must be activated in Mozilla for the post back mechanism to work.

    Sorry !

    pschrader, Oct 6, 2003