Drop down list - Display only items

Cleus

Is there a way to display read only values in a drop down listbox? Below is
an example of what I need displayed in the drop down list. The users should
only be able to select Item 1-9. Category A-C are just for
display/clarification purposes.

Category A
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
Category B
Item 4
Item 5
Item 6
Category C
Item 7
Item 8
Item 9

Thanks.

Craig Deelsnyder

Cleus said:
Is there a way to display read only values in a drop down listbox? Below is
an example of what I need displayed in the drop down list. The users should
only be able to select Item 1-9. Category A-C are just for
display/clarification purposes.

Category A
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
Category B
Item 4
Item 5
Item 6
Category C
Item 7
Item 8
Item 9

Thanks.

Not without some clientside scripting (or posting back each time)....why
not put the Category A in the first item: