Drop down list error: "Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(),and Bind() can only be used in th

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by yosri2005@gmail.com, Dec 13, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I'm sure many of you have seen the error message in the subject. I
    found quiet a few posts on the web regarding this issue, but the ones
    I saw mainly tackle this issue when you have a drop-down list
    depending on another drop-down list within a form view. This is not
    what I'm trying to do, so I didn't know how to apply the solutions I
    found to my problem.

    I have a formview which inserts items into a database table via an
    ObjectDataSource. I have a drop-down list within another formview that
    uses the same ObjectDataSource to read from the same table and display
    items. So, the way I want it to work is that when I insert something
    using FormView1, I start seeing items in the drop-down list in
    FormView2.

    The error occurs as soon as I try to insert in FormView1, and after
    debugging the application, I discovered the error is caused by the
    drop-down list.

    Could someone please help me?

    Thanks.
    , Dec 13, 2007