Drop Down List That Includes Thumbnails?

Jeremy

I would like to implement a Drop-Down list that can show a thumbnail graphic
next to the text in each row.

Is this possible with anything that ships with VS.NET 2003? Or do I have to
use a 3rd party control (if so, any recommendations?).

Thank you.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

I believe you'll need a 3rd party component for this.
Or you could make your own with some fancy javascript, showing and hiding a
table to simulate a dropdown list.

DalePres

You can create one easily using the popup object by calling
window.createPopup() in the browser if your clients are using IE.

If you search MSDN for "Using the Popup Object" there are some great
examples. Be sure to click the "Show Me" button near the top of the article
and you'll see an example of a dropdown popup window that displays HTML, and
therefore can display an image.

Because it is client-side functionality you'd probably have to either just
include the javascript code or create the code to generate the DHTML for the
popup on the server, thereby adding some server-side functionality.

Dale

Rick Spiewak

If the list is static, you might be able to edit the HTML on the .aspx page
and put the images in. I don't know if the browser would respect an img
attribute, but if it will you could add it programatically.

clintonG

Isn't it correct that the Popup blockers block all attempts to
derive an instance of the createPopup( ) Method?
How do them blockers function anyway?
--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher@ REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com