Drop down menu repositions when I resized browser

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Despoina, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Despoina

    Despoina Guest

    I have created a web site, where I use a dropdown menu when the mouse
    goes over an image.

    My problem is that when I resize the browser, the menu's position
    changes relatively and goes way to the left.

    I am stuck I don't know which parameter to change exactly so that the
    menu behaves properly.

    The page I have created can be seen in
    http://repair-pc.com/technet/en/pages_top_menu.htm

    Go over the system integration image (if you cannot see the text on
    the menu it is because is in Greek)

    If at first the browser is maximized the menu behaves fine. If the
    browser is resized then you can view the error.

    I would appreciate your help

    thanks in advance

    Depika

    Despoina, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Despoina wrote:

    > The page I have created can be seen in
    > http://repair-pc.com/technet/en/pages_top_menu.htm

    It doesn't work at all. It looks like you cater only for Netscape 4.x and IE
    5.x (and happens to support IE 6 since it is backwards compatable).

    I suggest you read:

    * http://www.quirksmode.org/js/support.html

    And, while you are at it, pay a visit to:

    * http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
    * http://validator.w3.org/

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Despoina

    Guest

    Don't do it. I wrote a script that does what you want. It turns out
    there is no good way to get the x and y positions on browsers cross
    platform. There is a major known bug on mac ie and mac netscape 6/7
    with this issue.

    Joe Ravgiala

    , Mar 25, 2005