    Gerry O'Rahilly
    609.771.1000

    http://www.workingclasschoppers.com

    Gerry O, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Gerry O

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:>
    Gerry O said:

    > I have a drop down menu. The text in the menu has size and price. When
    > submitted, it submits price. Is there a way to get the drop down to submit
    > two variables? Price and size?

    easily but you shouldn't. just submit the size and the script server
    side should match the price with the size. don't use the prices visitors
    see or that are in the markup, they may change them.

    --
    brucie

    brucie, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Gerry O wrote:
    > This is for an online store.
    > I have a drop down menu. The text in the menu has size and price. When
    > submitted, it submits price. Is there a way to get the drop down to submit
    > two variables? Price and size?

    <option value="33 10">$33 10 inch</option>

    And have your script use the first space-seperated value as price and
    the second as length, but that's terribly insecure. You should have an
    ID for each size/price combo and have the script know the sizes and
    prices, otherwise I can pay nothing.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Gerry O

    Spartanicus Guest

    Gerry O wrote:

    >I have what seems like a simple question, but I just can't figure it out.
    >This is for an online store.
    >I have a drop down menu. The text in the menu has size and price. When
    >submitted, it submits price. Is there a way to get the drop down to submit
    >two variables? Price and size?

    I wouldn't worry about that, you've got a far bigger problem:
    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/img/workingclasschoppers.com.png

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jan 10, 2004