    the flashmovie from Rock Monsieur.

    Or does anyone else has a good alternative to write a dropdown menu in html?

    Thanks a lot.
    Kajupa, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Kajupa wrote:

    > Can someone take a look at the following page:
    >
    > http://www.crosswood.be/Rock Monsieur/
    >
    > What can I do to make the links in the menu to open in the main-frame.
    > So for example 'Programma 2002-2003' has to open in the frame where you
    > see the flashmovie from Rock Monsieur.
    >
    > Or does anyone else has a good alternative to write a dropdown menu in
    > html?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    You must specify a target for the links. For example, <A
    HREF="2002-2003.htm" target=main_frame>2002-2003</A> will force it to open
    in a separate frame named 'main_frame'. For drop-down menus, this is quite
    similar and it depends on your implementation.

    By the way, your page killed my Konqueror. Perhaps you have some corrupt
    code there. I can open it with Mozilla.

    Roy

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Oct 8, 2004

  3. Kajupa

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Kajupa said:

    > http://www.crosswood.be/Rock Monsieur/

    spaces and mixed case isn't a good idea. an even worse idea is using
    frames which has been scientifically and independently proven on cute
    furry little bunnies to cause their peepee and/or boobies to fall off.

    don't be mean to cute furry little bunnies.

    http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/
    http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Kajupa

    rf Guest

    Kajupa wrote

    > http://www.crosswood.be/Rock Monsieur/

    What menu?

    I see a bunch of select elements on a black background. I also see a
    toaster. I don't see any menu.

    Wait, I'll shut down IE and start Mozilla.

    I see a bunch of select elements on a black background. I also see a white
    rectangle. I don't see any menu.

    Time to rethink your design...

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 8, 2004
  5. Kajupa

    SpaceGirl Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > bunnies to cause their peepee and/or boobies to fall off.

    Hmmm someone better warn Penthouse.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 8, 2004
  6. Kajupa

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

    >> bunnies to cause their peepee and/or boobies to fall off.

    > Hmmm someone better warn Penthouse.

    ^^^^^^^^^ playboy

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 8, 2004
  7. Kajupa

    SpaceGirl Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
    >

    >>>bunnies to cause their peepee and/or boobies to fall off.

    >>Hmmm someone better warn Penthouse.

    > ^^^^^^^^^ playboy

    Oh.

    Well anyway.

    :)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 8, 2004
  8. Kajupa

    Neal Guest

    On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:28:12 +0100, SpaceGirl
    <> wrote:

    > brucie wrote:
    >>> Hmmm someone better warn Penthouse.

    >> ^^^^^^^^^ playboy

    > Oh.
    >
    > Well anyway.

    Can't pull the wool over brucie's eyes. (Perhaps if it's still on the
    sheep...)
    Neal, Oct 8, 2004
  9. Kajupa

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Neal wrote:

    > Can't pull the wool over brucie's eyes. (Perhaps if it's still on the
    > sheep...)

    He's just a little lamb...

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 8, 2004
  10. On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:47:06 +0200, Kajupa wrote:

    > Can someone take a look at the following page:
    >
    > http://www.crosswood.be/Rock Monsieur/

    I know this is not what you asked for and I also know that this was kinda
    pointed out by brucie, but I just want to reiterate: DON'T USE SPACES IN
    URLs!! Okay, there you go.

    Why not? There are a bunch of reasons, but just trust me on this one. I
    know, I know, it is *possible* to use spaces in a URL, but it is also
    possible for me to stick a lightbulb up my ass[1]. But you don't see me
    doing that, do you?

    [1] is "Ass" a bad word? I have been arguing with my wife over this one,
    and I say it is not.
    --
    Jeffrey Silverman

    ** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Oct 8, 2004
  11. Kajupa

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
    > On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:47:06 +0200, Kajupa wrote:
    >

    >>Can someone take a look at the following page:
    >>
    >>http://www.crosswood.be/Rock Monsieur/

    > I know this is not what you asked for and I also know that this was kinda
    > pointed out by brucie, but I just want to reiterate: DON'T USE SPACES IN
    > URLs!! Okay, there you go.
    >
    > Why not? There are a bunch of reasons, but just trust me on this one. I
    > know, I know, it is *possible* to use spaces in a URL, but it is also
    > possible for me to stick a lightbulb up my ass[1]. But you don't see me
    > doing that, do you?
    >
    > [1] is "Ass" a bad word? I have been arguing with my wife over this one,
    > and I say it is not.

    No, it's a four legged creature.

    Arse, on the other hand, is a bad word :)

    Hmm but if you have an arse on your 'other hand'... mutant freak!!!!!!!!!!!

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 8, 2004
  12. Kajupa

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Jeffrey Silverman said:

    > it is also possible for me to stick a lightbulb up my ass[1].

    i'm sure there would be some animal welfare organizations that would
    discourage you doing so.

    > But you don't see me doing that, do you?

    no but i'd like to. i can pay!

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 8, 2004
  13. Kajupa

    Wÿrm Guest

    "Jeffrey Silverman" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > it is also
    > possible for me to stick a lightbulb up my ass[1]. But you don't see me
    > doing that, do you?

    Err, if it's only lightbulb in dark room and you're gonna use it, we bloody
    well do not see you do anything, hopefully ;)
    Wÿrm, Oct 8, 2004
  14. On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:36:15 +1000, brucie wrote:

    > In alt.html Jeffrey Silverman said:
    >
    >> it is also possible for me to stick a lightbulb up my ass[1].

    > i'm sure there would be some animal welfare organizations that would
    > discourage you doing so.
    >
    >> But you don't see me doing that, do you?

    > no but i'd like to. i can pay!

    I had a feeling that people would react to the bulb-up-ass comment.

    http://www.newtnotes.com/fark/donkeybulb.jpg

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman

    ** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Oct 8, 2004
  15. Kajupa

    Kajupa Guest

    Lot's of reactions, but only few of them are useful.

    What kind of newsgroup is this?
    A group to make fun of someone or a group that really tries to help someone
    who's trying to figure something out?

    I'm trying to design a website ... sorry for all of you out there if it's
    not responding to all of your great expectations. It's not my intention to
    shock the world with it ... it only has to be useful for the way I mean to
    use it and for the people I expect to visit it.

    So I'm asking it again ... can someone tell me how I can open the links in
    my menu in the frame below.

    Hope I get more sincere reactions this time instead of all that crap.

    Thanks again.
    Kajupa, Oct 8, 2004
  16. Kajupa

    Philip Ronan Guest

    On 8/10/04 8:07 pm, Kajupa wrote:

    > Lot's of reactions, but only few of them are useful.
    >
    > What kind of newsgroup is this?
    > A group to make fun of someone or a group that really tries to help someone
    > who's trying to figure something out?

    This kind of thing can happen at the weekend.

    Your design has various problems, the use of frames and Javascript-driven
    navigation being the main ones. I really think you should reconsider this
    whole approach. However, in answer to your question...

    ===
    <select name="menu"
    onChange="location=document.jump.menu.options[document.jump.menu.selectedInd
    ex].value;" value="GO">
    <option value="">Programma 2004-2005</option>
    ===

    The value of this option is "". What do you expect will happen when you
    change the location of your content frame to this value?

    Also, your HTML is invalid. To see why, visit
    <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.crosswood.be/Rock%20
    Monsieur%2Fmenu.htm>

    If you don't *understand* why your markup is invalid, then ask here. If you
    don't understand why your markup doesn't *work*, it would help if you could
    first make sure that it is valid.

    I hope this helps.

    Phil
    --
    Philip Ronan

    Philip Ronan, Oct 8, 2004
  17. Kajupa

    aa Guest

    All your menus drop from the upper frame into the main frame, and I guess,
    this is what you need and your top frame is not wide enough to accept the
    drop down.

    You cannot make a decent menu with just classic HTML. Try DHTML which is a
    combination of HTML, JavaScript, and HTML DOM.

    However this has two problems:
    1. DHTML is rendered differently in IE and NC. At least it was the case
    couple of years ago when I practiced it. Doing something for HC was such a
    pain, so I decided to sacrifice the NC lovers (they accounted about 15% of
    my site visitors) and drop the NC version of the script
    2. It is very complicated to make a DHTML menu to drop down from one frame
    into another.
    There was a very good resource something like DHTML Laboratory (try
    http://www.webreference.com/)
    This type of menus became very common now - just surf the Web, save it onto
    disk and parse to see how it works

    aa, Oct 8, 2004
  18. Kajupa

    Karl Core Guest

    "Kajupa" <> wrote in message
    > Lot's of reactions, but only few of them are useful.
    >
    > What kind of newsgroup is this?
    > A group to make fun of someone

    yes.

    your ears are big and your breath stinks

    -karl
    Karl Core, Oct 8, 2004
  19. Kajupa

    rf Guest

    aa top posted over somebody

    > You cannot make a decent menu with just classic HTML.

    Oh yes I can. And what is "classic" HTML? As opposed to [some other sort of]
    HTML?

    > Try DHTML which is a
    > combination of HTML, JavaScript, and HTML DOM.

    DHTML is simply a word made up by microsoft. It means nothing.

    Trying to make a menu with javascript that does not fall back gracefully in
    the absense of javascript (and most of them do not) is the same as turning
    your server of for six weeks out of the year.

    > However this has two problems:
    > 1. DHTML is rendered differently in IE and NC.

    and what about the other couple of hundred browsers out there.

    > 2. It is very complicated to make a DHTML menu to drop down from one frame
    > into another.

    That was not the op's question. The question was how to make the target of
    the link render in the other frame.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 8, 2004
  20. Kajupa

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Kajupa wrote:

    > What kind of newsgroup is this?
    > A group to make fun of someone or a group that really tries to help someone
    > who's trying to figure something out?

    Can't it be both?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS