    Or do I need something like JavaScript?

    --
    JohnW-Mpls
    JohnW, Aug 13, 2006

  2. JohnW

    PH Guest

    PH, Aug 13, 2006

  3. JohnW

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    JohnW <> wrote:

    > What is the best way to program drop down menus?
    >
    > AFAIK, this cannot be done with just HTML.
    >
    > Is there a way with CSS?

    Perhaps take a peek at

    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 13, 2006
  4. JohnW

    Toby Inkster Guest

    JohnW wrote:

    > AFAIK, this cannot be done with just HTML.

    YKR.

    > Is there a way with CSS?

    Yes, but Internet Explorer prior to the 7.0 betas doesn't support the
    required CSS. Stupid IE.

    > Or do I need something like JavaScript?

    With half a dozen or so lines of Javascript, you can get the CSS method to
    work in IE.

    http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/
    http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/example/
    http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/example/

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Aug 14, 2006
  5. Toby Inkster <> wrote in <news:ijp4r3-
    5n.co.uk>:

    > JohnW wrote:
    >
    >> AFAIK, this cannot be done with just HTML.

    > YKR.
    >
    >> Is there a way with CSS?

    > Yes, but Internet Explorer prior to the 7.0 betas doesn't support the
    > required CSS. Stupid IE.

    You might be interested in <http://www.grc.com/menu2/invitro.htm>. I
    don't think he's done tweaking it, and it's not used in production
    pages yet, but Gibson seems to have found a combination of hacks to
    make it work in IE5 and IE6.

    --
    »Q«
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=, Aug 14, 2006