    knowledgeable anyway. Can anyone point me to some coding for drop down menus
    that I could adopt - I've forgotten the websites of where to look ?

    Please note return email address is incorrect.
    David Springthorpe, Mar 19, 2008

  2. David Springthorpe

    SAM Guest

    David Springthorpe a écrit :
    > Hello,
    >
    > I haven't played with Javascript for a while now and I was never very
    > knowledgeable anyway. Can anyone point me to some coding for drop down menus
    > that I could adopt - I've forgotten the websites of where to look ?

    <form action="myMenu.htm"
    onsubmit="var k = this.selection.selectedIndex;
    var p = this.selection.options[k].text;
    if(confirm('Do you really wants the page :\n'+p)
    location = this.selection.options[k].value;
    else return false;">
    <select name="selection">
    <option value="home.htm">HOME
    <option value="design.htm">CRAFT
    <option value="contact.htm">contact me
    </select>
    <input type=submit>
    </form>

    --
    sm
    SAM, Mar 19, 2008

  3. On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:40:56 +0100, SAM
    <> wrote:

    ><form action="myMenu.htm"
    > onsubmit="var k = this.selection.selectedIndex;
    > var p = this.selection.options[k].text;
    > if(confirm('Do you really wants the page :\n'+p)
    > location = this.selection.options[k].value;
    > else return false;">
    ><select name="selection">
    > <option value="home.htm">HOME
    > <option value="design.htm">CRAFT
    > <option value="contact.htm">contact me
    ></select>
    ><input type=submit>
    ></form>

    Thanks, but I was thinking more of the more sophisticated type where the menu
    drops down (and possibly a sub-menu that drops right) when you hover and you
    then click the link directly, and you can format the appearance.
    David Springthorpe, Mar 19, 2008
  4. David Springthorpe wrote:
    > [...]
    > Please note return email address is incorrect.

    Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
    of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
    automatically or manually ignored.

    F'up2 poster

    PointedEars
    will want to steal it.)
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Mar 19, 2008
  5. On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:41:02 +0100, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
    <> wrote:

    >David Springthorpe wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Please note return email address is incorrect.

    >Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
    >of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
    >automatically or manually ignored.

    Just WTF are you going on about ? I'm merely indicating that replies need to be
    posted to the group rather than emailed ! If you can't help, go away then.
    David Springthorpe, Mar 19, 2008
  6. David Springthorpe

    Jeff North Guest

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:40:56 +1100, in comp.lang.javascript David
    Springthorpe <>
    <> wrote:

    >| Hello,
    >|
    >| I haven't played with Javascript for a while now and I was never very
    >| knowledgeable anyway. Can anyone point me to some coding for drop down menus
    >| that I could adopt - I've forgotten the websites of where to look ?
    >|
    >| Please note return email address is incorrect.

    It is best not to use javascripting for your menus. If someone has js
    disabled then your site has no (or greatly degraded) navigation.

    Use CSS for display and functionality. Tons of examples can be found
    at http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ by Stuart Nicholls.
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------
    : Remove your pants to reply
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------
    Jeff North, Mar 19, 2008
  7. David Springthorpe

    rf Guest

    "Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <> wrote in message
    > David Springthorpe wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Please note return email address is incorrect.

    > Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
    > of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
    > automatically or manually ignored.

    Bull fucking shit!
    rf, Mar 20, 2008
  8. David Springthorpe

    SAM Guest

    David Springthorpe a écrit :
    > On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:40:56 +0100, SAM
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> <form action="myMenu.htm"

    (snip)

    > Thanks, but I was thinking more of the more sophisticated type where the menu
    > drops down (and possibly a sub-menu that drops right) when you hover and you
    > then click the link directly, and you can format the appearance.

    Didn't I read :
    "I haven't played with Javascript for a while now and I was never very
    knowledgeable anyway." ?

    see that :
    <http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/index.html>

    --
    sm
    SAM, Mar 20, 2008
  9. In comp.lang.javascript message <8f73u350j6hia6buqm0jrsqhtp066icj9c@4ax.
    com>, Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:15:14, David Springthorpe <david.springthorpe@
    idxx.com.au> posted:
    >On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:41:02 +0100, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>David Springthorpe wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> Please note return email address is incorrect.

    >>Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
    >>of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
    >>automatically or manually ignored.

    >Just WTF are you going on about ? I'm merely indicating that replies need to be
    >posted to the group rather than emailed ! If you can't help, go away then.

    Be aware that BigEars appears to be naturally obnoxious, both in Big8
    groups and in news:de.*. The Kaiser had better manners; but BigEars
    considers himself to be more important.

    --
    (c) John Stockton, nr London UK. replyYYWW merlyn demon co uk Turnpike 6.05.
    No Encoding. Quotes precede replies. Snip well. Write clearly. Mail no News.
    Dr J R Stockton, Mar 20, 2008