drop down

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Kevin Klement, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. Kevin Klement, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Kevin Klement

    Jim Higson Guest

    Jim Higson, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Hywel Jenkins, Mar 12, 2006
  4. Kevin Klement

    dorayme Guest

    In article <77.n134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    (Kevin Klement) wrote:

    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example[2].html

    Do me a favour, go through your source and cut everything out to
    just isolate the drop down menu in respect to Adminstration,
    (sic), Client's Sites and Site Index so I can look at something
    that interests me without getting a headache over the rest... I
    will pay you to do this, payment not depending on my actual using
    the script concerned... I will give you my only remaining Polish
    joke.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 12, 2006
  5. Kevin Klement

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Hywel,

    Sunday March 12 2006, Hywel Jenkins writes to Humanioad:

    > From:
    > None on the menus, but you should focus on sorting your
    > design & layout first. It doesn't work.

    Hu?

    You sure it's not working?

    Try this ULR:

    http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example2.html

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... DON'T play STUPID with me...I'm BETTER at it !!!

    Gufus, Mar 12, 2006
  6. Kevin Klement

    Gufus Guest

    Gufus, Mar 12, 2006
  7. Kevin Klement

    Noozer Guest

    Noozer, Mar 13, 2006
  8. Kevin Klement

    saz Guest

    In article <t83Rf.137507$H%4.85584@pd7tw2no>, says...

    > "Kevin Klement" <> wrote in message
    > > Afternoon group...
    > >
    > > I'm learning drop down menus..
    > >
    > > old:
    > > http://www.gypsy-designs.com/credits.html
    > >
    > > new:
    > > http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example[2].html
    > >
    > > Opinions?

    > Oooo... That is UGLY!

    If I were you, I would spend time on redesigning the page before I
    worried about drop down menus for this site.

    saz, Mar 13, 2006
  9. Kevin Klement

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Noozer,

    Monday March 13 2006, Noozer writes to Humanioad:

    > From:
    > Oooo... That is UGLY!

    <smile>

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Why experiment on animals with so many lawyers out there?

    Gufus, Mar 13, 2006
  10. Kevin Klement

    Gufus Guest

    Hi saz,

    Sunday March 12 2006, saz writes to All:

    > From:
    > If I were you, I would spend time on redesigning the page
    > before I worried about drop down menus for this site.

    I wish... got other clients to worry about first. :)

    http://www.gypsy-designs.com/pro

    username: view
    password: 22street

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... You will forget that you ever knew me.

    Gufus, Mar 13, 2006
  11. Kevin Klement

    saz Guest

    In article <134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    says...
    > Hi saz,
    >
    > Sunday March 12 2006, saz writes to All:
    >
    > > From:
    > > If I were you, I would spend time on redesigning the page
    > > before I worried about drop down menus for this site.

    > I wish... got other clients to worry about first. :)
    >
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com/pro
    >
    > username: view
    > password: 22street
    >
    > Gufus
    >
    > mailto:
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com
    >
    > ... You will forget that you ever knew me.

    Frames on this site??? Why? Now I see, WYSIWYG Editor. Learn how to
    code!

    Your business website is the first thing the potential customer will
    notice. You should make *that* your priority. From what your portfolio
    shows, you don't appear to be very busy.

    First impressions stick, and your business website makes a lousy first
    impression.

    saz, Mar 13, 2006
  12. Kevin Klement

    Gufus Guest

    Hi saz,

    Sunday March 12 2006, saz writes to All:

    > From:
    > Your business website is the first thing the potential
    > customer will notice. You should make *that* your priority.

    But of course.. Think I don't know that.

    > First impressions stick, and your business website makes a
    > lousy first impression.

    Easy to criticize, isn't it.

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... How was Thomas J. Watson buried? 9 edge down.

    Gufus, Mar 13, 2006
  13. Kevin Klement

    saz Guest

    In article <134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    says...
    > Hi saz,
    >
    > Sunday March 12 2006, saz writes to All:
    >
    > > From:
    > > Your business website is the first thing the potential
    > > customer will notice. You should make *that* your priority.

    > But of course.. Think I don't know that.

    Obviously not, or it would look better.

    > > First impressions stick, and your business website makes a
    > > lousy first impression.

    > Easy to criticize, isn't it.

    Yes, especially when I see the garbage you pass for website design.

    You forgot to my other observation:

    "From what your portfolio shows, you don't appear to be very busy."

    saz, Mar 13, 2006
  14. Kevin Klement

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Kevin Klement quothed:

    > Afternoon group...
    >
    > I'm learning drop down menus..
    >
    > old:
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com/credits.html
    >
    > new:
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example[2].html
    >
    > Opinions?

    Yeah, the second one's much better.

    As others have opined, though, I'd do a redesign - and get rid of the
    tables. (You don't really need them.) The page isn't that far away
    from looking really good.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Mar 13, 2006
  15. Kevin Klement

    Toby Inkster Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > I will give you my only remaining Polish joke.

    What if he doesn't speak Polish?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Mar 13, 2006
  16. Kevin Klement

    Jim Higson Guest

    Gufus wrote:

    > Hi Jim,
    >
    > Sunday March 12 2006, Jim Higson writes to Humanioad:

    > > Kevin Klement wrote:
    > > Can't get the second one. Is that URL valid?

    > Should, works here. :)

    I can't quote specs, but I don't think chars like [ and ] are allowed in
    URLs. I might be wrong, or it might just be that your newsreader/browser
    combination corrects it somewhere along the way.

    --
    Jim

    Jim Higson, Mar 13, 2006
  17. In article <134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    says...
    > Hi Hywel,
    >
    > Sunday March 12 2006, Hywel Jenkins writes to Humanioad:
    >
    > > From:
    > > None on the menus, but you should focus on sorting your
    > > design & layout first. It doesn't work.

    > Hu?
    >
    > You sure it's not working?

    I didn't say it wasn't working. I said I had no comments to make on
    them.

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Mar 13, 2006
  18. Kevin Klement

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Neredbojias,

    Sunday March 12 2006, Neredbojias writes to Humanioad:

    > From:
    > Yeah, the second one's much better.

    Hehehe... my first coding of a drop down menu was pretty bad, I was actually
    using the <form> tag. <grin>

    > As others have opined, though, I'd do a redesign - and get
    > rid of the tables. (You don't really need them.) The page
    > isn't that far away from looking really good.

    I've been writing tables for years now, I'm looking for your input, what do
    you suggest using instead of tables?

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... DIVORCE =system("echo y| erase \wife\*.*" );

    Gufus, Mar 13, 2006
  19. Kevin Klement

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Jim,

    Monday March 13 2006, Jim Higson writes to Gufus:

    > From:
    > I can't quote specs, but I don't think chars like [ and ]
    > are allowed in URLs. I might be wrong, or it might just be

    IE and Opera worked using "[]" in the url.

    Firefox and Netscape changed it to.

    http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example[2].html

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Needs are a function of what other people have.

    Gufus, Mar 13, 2006
  20. Kevin Klement

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Toby,

    Monday March 13 2006, Toby Inkster writes to dorayme:

    > From:
    > What if he doesn't speak Polish?

    I don't. :)

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.

    Gufus, Mar 13, 2006