drop down

Hywel Jenkins

Hi Hywel,

Monday March 13 2006, Hywel Jenkins writes to All:

In the top paragraph you said "It doesn't work".

I was referring to the design and layout, not the menu.

dorayme

Toby Inkster said:
What if he doesn't speak Polish?

I have thought of this and have a cunning plan. I will offer an
English translation.

(btw... I have been trying unsuccessfully for quite some years to
off load my only Polish joke. It is not the sort that one would
want to simply foist on someone without some sort of invitation
or request... not that it is in any way anything that could not
be mentioned at a cocktail party with ladies present...)

Stan McCann

I have thought of this and have a cunning plan. I will offer an
English translation.

(btw... I have been trying unsuccessfully for quite some years to
off load my only Polish joke. It is not the sort that one would
want to simply foist on someone without some sort of invitation
or request... not that it is in any way anything that could not
be mentioned at a cocktail party with ladies present...)

I've no such inhibitions. Here, want mine?
http://stanmccann.us/pics/Motorcycles/tn/cowasocky.jpg.html

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Gufus quothed:
I've been writing tables for years now, I'm looking for your input, what do
you suggest using instead of tables?

With the layout you have, divs (and css) should be plenty. Of course
I'd change the layout a bit (especially where the bg logos get
overlaid), but that's something else. Look into floats if you haven't
already, and positioning, _and_ semantic markup.

Jim Higson

Gufus said:
Hi Jim,

From: (e-mail address removed)
I can't quote specs, but I don't think chars like [ and ]
are allowed in URLs. I might be wrong, or it might just be

IE and Opera worked using "[]" in the url.

Firefox and Netscape changed it to.

http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example[2].html

I think probably they all did, they just didn't tell you.
Anyway, a browser correcting a URL doesn't make it valid. Browsers correct
for all kinds of invalid input.

saz

It doesn't. When I view in either IE or FF1.5 the various layers
overlap each other at different points, and the DynamicIP logo sits on
top of other content. It's a mess, and that's why it doesn't work.
Here you go

http://kibo.org.uk/demo/1.jpg (640x480)
http://kibo.org.uk/demo/2.jpg (800x600)
Hywel - You're wasting your time. The OP is not paying attention to
constructive criticism. To the OP, the site is beautiful. To everyone
else in the world, it is garbage.

hywel.jenkins

saz said:
Hywel - You're wasting your time. The OP is not paying attention to
constructive criticism.

I know, but you know that I *must* have the last word ;)

saz

I know, but you know that I *must* have the last word ;)
Ah yes, I do remember our skirmish a while back...

I can't even remember what it was about, nor do I care any longer. I
must have been having a bad day.

Jonathan N. Little

saz said:
Ah yes, I do remember our skirmish a while back...

I can't even remember what it was about, nor do I care any longer. I
must have been having a bad day.

This fella was about a while ago, and I do remember a *very similar*
exchange. Whether intentional or not the effect is trolling.
More work for us when his clients wake up to what they actually got
for a website ;-)

dorayme

Stan McCann said:

Stan! Stan!

I have been meaning to chat you about your site... I am a sucker
for motorbikes and have taken a look before.... I looked at all
your naughty jokes too. In my opinion, a bikie has special
license to say things that other ordinary mortals do not.

I downloaded the bike that goes zoom zoom across some of your
pages - but FF has simpler facilities to stop its frenetic
autistic activity :)

I even have one of your jokes, I named the file
harleyProtection.html and will wheel it out at an appropriate
moment - without any acknowledgement, of course.

dorayme

saz said:
Hywel - You're wasting your time. The OP is not paying attention to
constructive criticism. To the OP, the site is beautiful. To everyone
else in the world, it is garbage.

No, he is not wasting his time... it is an important human
satisfaction to demonstrate things... I learnt this in intensive
cultural classes before coming to Earth...

Gufus

Hi Jonathan,

From: (e-mail address removed)
This fella was about a while ago, and I do remember a *very
similar* exchange. Whether intentional or not the effect is
trolling.
More work for us when his clients wake up to what they
actually got for a website ;-)

Whatever.

Gufus

mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... National security is in your hands - guard it well.

Gufus

Hi Neredbojias,

Monday March 13 2006, Neredbojias writes to All:
With the layout you have, divs (and css) should be plenty.
Of course I'd change the layout a bit (especially where the
bg logos get overlaid), but that's something else. Look
into floats if you haven't already, and positioning, _and_
semantic markup.

Thanks for your tips... Another person also said look into (positioning and
semantic markups). Now I just need more hours in a day... <grin>

Gufus

mailto:[email protected]
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... The honeymoon is that short period of doting between dating and debting.