Drop List Question

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by C White, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. C White

    C White Guest

    Hi Everyone

    I'm having some problems finding the help I'm looking for so perhaps
    someone here can point me in the right direction.

    I have a table with the following information:

    tom
    dick
    harry
    tom
    tom
    dick

    i would like the drop list to generate the following:

    tom
    dick
    harry

    can anyone provide with links/sites to read how to to this, I'm having a
    hard time finding this when searching

    (for those who are so interested the information is stored in an access
    2000 database)

    thanks

    C White, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Try
    SELECT DISTINCT [column_name] FROM yourTable

    --

    Ray at work
    Microsoft ASP/ASP.NET MVP

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 19, 2005

  3. > I have a table with the following information:

    > tom
    > dick
    > harry
    > tom
    > tom
    > dick

    Why does your table allow duplicates?

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jan 19, 2005
  4. C White

    C White Guest

    Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:

    > Try
    > SELECT DISTINCT [column_name] FROM yourTable

    Thanks

    C White, Jan 19, 2005
  5. C White

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" wrote in message
    :> I have a table with the following information:
    : >
    : > tom
    : > dick
    : > harry
    : > tom
    : > tom
    : > dick
    :
    : Why does your table allow duplicates?

    I agree. If you don't control the duplication, every Tom, Dick and Harry is
    going to be in your database.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */