dropdown bind xml or table or array

Ganesh

Hi There,

I use asp.net 2.0, i've a dropdownlist box, which will be loaded from table,
it may contain 10 to 50 records. User might keep calling this page several
times. more than 1000 users at any time would access.

Do i need to bind from xml file or just call the table. which one is the
better

Thanks

Masudur

Hi There,

I use asp.net 2.0, i've a dropdownlist box, which will be loaded from table,
it may contain 10 to 50 records. User might keep calling this page several
times. more than 1000 users at any time would access.

Do i need to bind from xml file or just call the table. which one is the
better

Thanks

Hi...

Well since you have only 10 to 50 record... you can bind it from
xml... it good... in this way you dont have to query to database again
and again... well one more thing will improve the performance a little
bit better... load the xml in a datatable... and then save the
datatable in application variable... in this way you are saving the

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd