dropdown box

earl

I've made this example page :
http://larsandre.mine.nu/clientside_menu.html

Depending on what choice the user makes in the dropdown menu I'd like to
show a different extension to the menu table. Can anyone recommend a good
method ? I was thinking either some kind of javascript or maybe css. Would
appreciate some input on this matter.

Disco Octopus

earl said:
I've made this example page :
http://larsandre.mine.nu/clientside_menu.html

Depending on what choice the user makes in the dropdown menu I'd like
to show a different extension to the menu table. Can anyone recommend
a good method ? I was thinking either some kind of javascript or
maybe css. Would appreciate some input on this matter.

You could do something like this...

* create two classes, one being display:none; the other being
display:block(or whatever);
* initialy, give the extra rows the class that displays them.
* OnChange of the dropdown list, change the style/class associated to the
row in the table.
* on load of your page, you could set all the dependant rows to hidden.

if javascript is turned off in the browsers, then all the rows will be
displayed, no matter what the menu item is current.

if CSS is not available from the browser, then all the rows will be
displayed, no matter what the menu item is current.