    show a different extension to the menu table. Can anyone recommend a good
    method ? I was thinking either some kind of javascript or maybe css. Would
    appreciate some input on this matter.
    earl, Nov 19, 2003

  2. earl wrote:
    > I've made this example page :
    > http://larsandre.mine.nu/clientside_menu.html
    >
    > Depending on what choice the user makes in the dropdown menu I'd like
    > to show a different extension to the menu table. Can anyone recommend
    > a good method ? I was thinking either some kind of javascript or
    > maybe css. Would appreciate some input on this matter.

    You could do something like this...

    * create two classes, one being display:none; the other being
    display:block(or whatever);
    * initialy, give the extra rows the class that displays them.
    * OnChange of the dropdown list, change the style/class associated to the
    row in the table.
    * on load of your page, you could set all the dependant rows to hidden.

    if javascript is turned off in the browsers, then all the rows will be
    displayed, no matter what the menu item is current.

    if CSS is not available from the browser, then all the rows will be
    displayed, no matter what the menu item is current.
    Disco Octopus, Nov 19, 2003

  3. David Dorward, Nov 20, 2003