Dropdown list and postback error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by nirbhay, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. nirbhay

    nirbhay Guest

    Hello All

    On one of my pages, i use a gridview control and few dropdown list(all
    static entry) to populate the list.
    The dropdown list have POSTBACK enabled
    The GridView uses object data source for data access.
    Initially the page loads fine.
    When i try to change the dropdown selection, the page gives the error
    along these lines
    << The Cntrl$1001...doesn't exisit, try assigning unique ID to web
    controls....>>

    The control its points to a command button i used as one of the
    gridview column to show edit,cancel button.

    All my web controls have ID's assigned.
    I get this error specifically when dropdown selection is changed.

    Please let me know if this sounds remotely familar
    I would be more happy to post exact error message

    Cheers
    nirbhay, Jan 9, 2006