dropdownlist as templatefield needs outer gridview's row value as select parameter

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Managed Code, Jun 14, 2006.

  1. Managed Code

    Managed Code Guest

    Hello,
    I have a status and definition table. The status table's current
    status field relates the ID field of the definition table. I am trying
    to retrieve the definitions that are associated only with the master_id
    for the status table's current status. After having some trouble
    databinding I found a solution using a hidden label to save the value I
    need for my select parameter. The error I am receiving is

    'ddlStatus' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not
    exist in the list of items.
    Parameter name: value

    Any hints on where to go from here would be appreciated.

    Thanks, MC

    <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
    DataKeyNames="ID" DataSourceID="OracleDataSource1">
    <Columns>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="ID" HeaderText="ID" ReadOnly="True"
    SortExpression="ID" Visible="False" />
    <asp:BoundField DataField="INSPECTION_ID" HeaderText="INSPECTION_ID"
    SortExpression="INSPECTION_ID" />
    <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="CURRENT_STATUS"
    SortExpression="CURRENT_STATUS">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <%# GetStatusDisplayText( Eval("CURRENT_STATUS")) %>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EditItemTemplate>
    <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlStatus" runat="server"
    DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2" DataTextField="NAME" DataValueField="ID"
    SelectedValue='<%# Bind("CURRENT_STATUS") %>'>
    </asp:DropDownList>
    <asp:Label ID="lblHidden" Visible="false" runat="server" Text =
    '<%# Eval("INSPECTION_ID") %>' />
    ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ATLQACS %>" ProviderName="<%$
    ConnectionStrings:ATLQACS.ProviderName %>" SelectCommand="select ID,
    NAME from WF_DEFINITION WHERE MASTER_ID = ( select MASTER_ID from
    WF_STATUS , WF_DEFINITION where WF_STATUS.CURRENT_STATUS =
    WF_DEFINITION.ID and WF_STATUS.INSPECTION_ID = :INSPECTION_ID)">
    <SelectParameters>
    <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="lblHidden" Name="INSPECTION_ID"
    PropertyName="Text" />
    </SelectParameters>
    </asp:SqlDataSource>
    </EditItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>
    <asp:CommandField ButtonType="Button" ShowEditButton="True" />
    </Columns>
    </asp:GridView>
    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="OracleDataSource1" runat="server"
    ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ATLQACS %>" ProviderName="<%$
    ConnectionStrings:ATLQACS.ProviderName %>" SelectCommand='SELECT "ID",
    "CURRENT_STATUS", "INSPECTION_ID" FROM "WF_STATUS" ORDER BY
    "INSPECTION_ID"' UpdateCommand='UPDATE "WF_STATUS" SET "CURRENT_STATUS"
    = :CURRENT_STATUS, "INSPECTION_ID" = :INSPECTION_ID WHERE "ID" = :ID'>
    <UpdateParameters>
    <asp:parameter Name="CURRENT_STATUS" Type="Decimal" />
    <asp:parameter Name="INSPECTION_ID" Type="Decimal" />
    <asp:parameter Name="ID" Type="Decimal" />
    </UpdateParameters>
    </asp:SqlDataSource>
    Managed Code, Jun 14, 2006