DropDownList Control within table not firing Events

ESmith

I have a table which (among other controls) contains a dropdownlist - I
populate it as:

if ( !Page.IsPostBack )

{

LoadCreditCardTypes();

private void LoadCreditCardTypes()

{

CreditCardType cct = new CreditCardType();

dt = cct.SelectAll();

ddl_CreditCardType.DataSource = dt;

ddl_CreditCardType.DataTextField = "CardName";

ddl_CreditCardType.DataValueField = "CreditCardTypeID";

ddl_CreditCardType.DataBind();

}

In the OnInit function I added a function "EventHookup" because I'm unable

to see any events for any controls that I add to an asp:table control.

EventHookup();

InitializeComponent();

base.OnInit(e);

}

private void EventHookup()

{

this.ddl_CreditCardType.SelectedIndexChanged += new System.EventHandler (

this.ddl_CreditCardType_SelectedIndexChanged);

}

I have AutoPostBack set to TRUE, but the SelectedIndexChange never fires -
unless I move the dropdownlist out of the table - so I assume that the table
is "eating" the event somehow - am I suppose to propagate the event somehow?