DropDownList font size in ASP 2.0 - I can't change it

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by lawrence.farrell@gmail.com, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am working with a dynamic DropDownList. It is being created in my VB
    code-beside. I applied a css class to it to resize the font and
    nothing changed. I then removed that css class and instead set the
    ddl.font.size to a number. That doesn't change anything. The font
    stays the same size no matter what number I use. Am I using the wrong
    property? Why would the css style do anything? Any help would be
    greatly appreciated

    _
    _
    ddlSearchValues = New DropDownList()
    ddlSearchValues.Width = 180
    ddlSearchValues.Font.Size = 4
    _
    _

    Thank you,
    --Larry--
    , Apr 8, 2006

  2. First of all a few questions.

    1.) Have you tried this class on a static control and observed that the
    class is making the correct font application ?
    2.) If in 1 both questions are true. Have you checked to see if the spelling
    of your class is correct ( BTW dont include the dot which preceeds the
    classname.
    3.) If all of the above are true, then have you looked at the code that the
    page renders and observed your class attribute has been applied correctly <
    .. . . class="yourClassName" . . . ? You can do this by right clicking
    over the page and choosing View Source.

    Hope these questions put you on the right track !

    --
    ( OHM ) - One Handed Man
    AKA Terry Burns - http://TrainingOn.net

    OHM \( One Handed Man \), Apr 8, 2006