DropDownList in a Repeater - OnSelectedIndexChange not firing

MattB

I have a (.Net 1.1) form with a Repeater and a DropDownList in the
ItemTemplate. I programmatically make the DDL Autopostback = true at
runtime based on the bound data. That works - I can see the postback
happen appropriately.
The DropDownList looks like this:

<asp:DropDownList id="ddMultiQty"
OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddMultiQty_SelectedIndexChanged"
runat="server"></asp:DropDownList>

And in the codebehind I have this:

Public Sub ddMultiQty_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ddMultiQty.SelectedIndexChanged
DoStuff()
End Sub

Setting a breakpoint on the declaration of the sub shows it never fires
when I changed the selected indexes of my repeated DDLs. Can anyone
point out why? Thanks!

Matt

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

do you initially databind the Repeater inside If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
check? Point is that if you databind in Page_Load on every request, that
prevents postback events of child controls (of the Repeater) from firing.

MattB

Teemu said:
Hi,

do you initially databind the Repeater inside If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
check? Point is that if you databind in Page_Load on every request, that
prevents postback events of child controls (of the Repeater) from firing.

I am, so that must be the issue. Problem is, it's very dynamic data that
I want to keep as fresh as possible. I'll try a different approach.
Thanks for the tip!

Matt