DropDownList in DataGrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?cmtibmFpcg==?=, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. I have a DataGrid populated with some data. In the grid, I have placed a
    DropDownListBox.
    The DropDownListBox's current item should be retrieved from Dataset 'A'.
    However, the items in
    the DropDownListBox should be retrieved from another DataSet 'B'.

    So, I call a function GetLibraryItems() to return the dataset 'B'.

    However, the compiler gives the following error.

    DataBinder.Eval: 'System.Data.DataRowView' does not contain a property with
    the name CE GULF EAST.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: DataBinder.Eval:
    'System.Data.DataRowView' does not contain a property with the name CE GULF
    EAST.

    Any idea on how to resolve this error?

    <asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Division">
    <EditItemTemplate>
    <asp:DropDownList id=DropDownList2 runat="server" Width="171px"
    DataValueField='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.str_divn") %>'
    DataTextField='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.str_divn") %>'
    DataSource ='<%# GetLibraryItems() %>'>
    </asp:DropDownList>
    </EditItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateColumn>