    that when I select an item in the 2nd listbox it post back to the page
    but never fires the dropdownlist2 it does however fires the first
    dropdownlist1. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2lt?=, Mar 19, 2006

  2. http://www.societopia.net/samples/dynamiccontrols_viewstate.aspx
    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams
    http://www.societopia.net
    http://www.webswapp.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, Mar 20, 2006

  3. Ok thanks but the website you sent me to didn't have any code or explanation
    on how or why my dropdownlist on my usercontrol is acting that specific way

    =?Utf-8?B?S2lt?=, Mar 20, 2006
  4. Kim,

    You probably missed the links to the source code at the bottom of the page
    whose link I gave you.

    The concept is to create the controls on 2 stages: 1) initialization: where
    you define the controls markup, 2) populating the controls with data. The
    first has to happen during the controls initialization stage whereas the
    second can happen while consuming an event from another control.

    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, Mar 21, 2006