Dropdownlist index change event problem.

Thanigaimani.thirumalai

Hi guys.
i can explain for my doubt with example.see.my table have multiple type of employee details like as Mangemment,Programmer,Designers,Accountants,Contra ctEmployees.Each type of department having many employee details.Now my drop down list having types of department names like that above types of department names..if i select any one type of department data wil be display in gridview format .gridview data column as employee Name,Address,Phone_No,email_address and each every row with checkboxes.gridview showing data according to select the dept.No problem.

first I select Mangemment type of employee grid view showing that type of employee details ,here i checked first two employee details then checkbox values put in one viewstate,then i go to Programmer type of employee it showing that type employee details here i want to checked two employee details using checkbox but what happened first two checkboxes are already checked. so view state having proper checked check box values but problem is
whenever i go to select for another type of employee details checkboxes are checked based upon order of previous checked index.

this is my problem.plz clear my problem.its very urgent.

whenever i select dropldown list viewstate values is empty . this is my problem.

Mohamad Elarabi

I'm not exactly sure how you're getting checkboxes to show on a GridView and
where you're saving the checked indexes but I think you would need to clear
the checkbox values on the GridView when the drop down value changes.

In other words:

during the myDropDown.SelectedIndexChanged event, you'd go and reset the
checkbox values on the gridview.

Good luck.