DropdownList onchange trigers reloading of the page not as postback.

Alex Gurevich

Hi,

I am having very strange problem,
I have Dropdownlist (DDL) with callback function for SelectedIndexChanged
event on asp.net page, which is populated in codebehind Page_OnLoad page.
After postback of the page, througth on click event of a button on the page,
and returning of the page to client side, usually selection of an item in
the DDL trigers reloading of the page but not as a postback.
Afterwads if you select another item in DDL everything works fine i.e. page
postbacked as it should.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Alex Gurevich

Fascinating discovery,
I launch two windows from the same parent window and both contains iframe
with problematic aspx page.
If I launch only one of them, it works fine. As soon as I launch second page
the first one submits the page but on the server it arrives as first time
request and not as a postback.

Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I know this thread is exceptionally old - but I have the same problem, and I cannot find a solution on Google.

First click on dropdown field fires Page.OnLoad event, but is not Postback.

Second, third, etc. clicks work fine, and postback normally.

Textboxes and buttons on the same form postback correctly on the first click - only the DDL's cause the reload without postback.