    onSelectedIndexChanged event is not firing. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Jerry
    Jerry, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Jerry wrote:

    > I have a DropDownList control on a web form and the
    > onSelectedIndexChanged event is not firing. Any ideas?

    Do you have the DropDownList's AutoPostBack property set to True?
    (Note: this doesn't affect whether the event fires, but it needs to be
    true to have the page postback automatically when the user's selection
    changes, rather than waiting until clicking a button, or some other
    means of inducing a postback.)

    Also, how are you wiring up the DropDownList's SelectedIndexChanged
    event to the desired event handler?

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com