DropDownList - onSelectedIndexChanged not firing

Jerry

I have a DropDownList control on a web form and the
onSelectedIndexChanged event is not firing. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Jerry said:
I have a DropDownList control on a web form and the
onSelectedIndexChanged event is not firing. Any ideas?

Do you have the DropDownList's AutoPostBack property set to True?
(Note: this doesn't affect whether the event fires, but it needs to be
true to have the page postback automatically when the user's selection
changes, rather than waiting until clicking a button, or some other
means of inducing a postback.)

Also, how are you wiring up the DropDownList's SelectedIndexChanged
event to the desired event handler?

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)