DropDownList problem

Chumley Walrus

I'm trying to build a querystring from a button click carrying over two
variables (one from a textbox, the other from a dropdownlist),but for
some reason, the error I'm getting
is:'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList' does not contain a
definition for 'selecteditem'
The query string works with just the txtmydate carrying over, but not
the salesoffice value

private void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
Response.Redirect("display.aspx?txtmydate=" +
this.txtmydate.Text + "&salesoffice=" +
this.salesoffice.selecteditem.value);
}

????
chumley walrus

W.G. Ryan eMVP

I think it's just a Case Sensitivity thing if that's the actual code..

this.salesoffice.SelectedItem should work

Mike Labosh

these damn C family programs #@!$#$%!@!!

Algol family.

C, C++, C# & Java all came from Algol. And if you haven't seen Algol yet,
be glad you haven't. :)

--
Peace & happy computing,

Mike Labosh, MCSD

"Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, I have
come to the conclusion that this new system SUCKS."
-- General Barringer, "War Games"