DropDownList Problem

Jl_G_0

Hey all, searched several topics on this, but couldnt find the answer
to my problem.

I have 2 DropDownLists, and the first should fill the second when
selected. So I changed its AutoPostBack to TRUE, and created a
SelectedIndexChanged function to it.

The problem is, when I change the value on it, it just posts back, and
resets its value (and every DropDownLists value too) to the default
value. It doesnt do any of the action on the SelectedIndexChanged Sub.

The dropdownlist is being filled manually on the HTML part of the
page. (on the future it will be loaded from a SQL base, when its
working).

Anyone know whats wrong here ? Thx.

David Wier

Off hand, I'm not sure -
My recommendation, though, since you're planning filling the first ddl from
a database anyway, is to go ahead and do it.
Just make sure, in the Page_Load, include the loading of the ddl inside an
if/then/Postback block.