DropDownList problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Viktor Popov, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. Viktor Popov

    Viktor Popov Guest

    Hi,

    I use a DropDownList for presenting information from DataBase. Here it is
    the code:

    if(!Page.IsPostBack)
    {
    SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection("Data Source=BLEK;Initial
    Catalog=Estate; User ID=@@@; Password=@@@@@");
    SqlDataAdapter dad1 = new SqlDataAdapter ("SELECT o_OfferID,o.TypeOffer FROM
    blek.TypeOffer o ORDER BY o.TypeOffer", conn);
    DataSet ds =new DataSet();
    conn.Open();
    dad1.SelectCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();
    dad1.Fill(ds,"Offers");
    DDL1.DataSource=ds.Tables[0];
    DDL1.DataValueField = "OfferID";
    DDL1.DataTextField = "TypeOffer";
    DDL1.DataBind();
    conn.Close();

    The problem is that when I like to Search by letter in the DropDownList
    DDL1 it doesn't work. How could be enabled this feature?
    Thank you!

    Viktor

    ---
    Viktor Popov, Sep 29, 2004