DropDownList Refuses To Show New SelectedValue

Nathan Sokalski

I have a webform that contains a DropDownList. When the user selects a new
value and I click the submit button, the previously selected SelectedValue
property is used in my code. This is obviously preventing me from updating
my database, or even allowing the user to do anything that involves the
value of this DropDownList. What could the problem be here? I am using
ASP.NET 1.1 with Visual Studio .NET 2003 and am doing my testing with
Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP Professional SP2. Thanks.

Jono

Perhaps you're rebinding the control to your datasource in some other
event further up the stack (like init or load), and thus losing the
value that was actually posted back? Alternatively, other weird
behaviour ensues when the ID of the control changes between postbacks.

Jono

Nathan Sokalski

I am placing a Response.Write() method at the end of the Click event of the
submit button. The value I am passing to the Write() method is the
DropDownList's SelectedValue property.