Dropdownlist - relations - asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmF2aQ==?=, May 17, 2004.

  1. I am trying to represent master-detail records from a database
    The general logic will be populating the first dropdownlist with the master records and on change of the first dropdownlis
    getting the selectedindex and querying the database and populating the childrecords in the second dropdownlist

    But my question is how the same can be acheieved by using "Relations"

    The following code fragment i tried, but i have no idea how to proceed

    Thanks in advanc
    Ravichandra

    Dim myconn As Strin
    Dim oledataadapt As New OleDbDataAdapte
    Dim oledataadapt1 As New OleDbDataAdapte
    Dim ds As New DataSe
    Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Loa
    'Put user code to initialize the page her

    myconn = "Provider=MSDAORA;User ID=x;Password=x;Data Source=xxx;
    oledataadapt = New OleDbDataAdapter("Select Organization_id from bengine.cb_organization", myconn
    oledataadapt.Fill(ds, "Sector"

    oledataadapt1 = New OleDbDataAdapter("Select Superbu_id, organization_id from bengine.cb_super_businessunit", myconn
    oledataadapt1.Fill(ds, "SBU"
    ds.Relations.Add("Sec_sbu", ds.Tables("Sector").Columns("Organization_id"),
    ds.Tables("SBU").Columns("Organization_id")
    If Not IsPostBack The
    DropDownList1.DataSource = ds.Tables(0).DefaultVie
    DropDownList2.DataSource = ds.Tables(1).DefaultVie
    DropDownList1.DataMember = "Organization_id
    DropDownList2.DataMember = "superbu_id
    DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Organization_id
    DropDownList1.DataValueField = "Organization_id
    DropDownList2.DataTextField = "superbu_id
    DropDownList2.DataValueField = "superbu_id
    DropDownList1.DataBind(
    DropDownList2.DataBind(
    End I
    End Su

    Private Sub DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DropDownList1.SelectedIndexChange
    Dim i As Intege
    i = DropDownList1.SelectedInde
    DropDownList2.DataSource = ds.Tables(0).Rows(i).GetChildRows("Sec_sbu"
    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2aQ==?=, May 17, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmF2aQ==?=

    avnrao Guest

    are you getting any errors with this code?

    Av.

    avnrao, May 17, 2004