DropDownList SelectedIndexChanged

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by DP7, Jul 17, 2007.

  1. DP7

    DP7 Guest

    Hi,

    Heres my problem. I have a DropDownList Box that on SelectedIndexChanged
    changes some other controls. It the user selects the DropDownList box again
    and selects the exact same value, of course the SelectedIndexChanged event
    never fires. However, many times the code that handles the
    SelectedIndexChanged needs to run even though the user selected the same
    value.

    I could add a button that says "press to reload selected query" or something
    like that, but I don't want to.

    I've tried using some Javascript but can't find any events that will satisfy
    the situation. For example, onblur only fires after they leave the dropdown.
    No good. I need something that will respond to the reselection of the item
    in the dropdown.

    Any ideas? Am I missing an event that will handle this? Or am I out of
    luck? Am I making sense?
    Thanks
    DP

    Any ideas how I can get