dropdownlist Vs. Code behind file(server table)

deepak kumar

i have html control( dropdownlist with run at server side =true ) on form
with value in it 12 ... this drodownlist is populating at page load time
using javascript..... now i want to insert its value(i.e.text,which is
showing at index=0) to a table column without using hidden field or any
texbox control on form..i.e. without using any contrrol(html or webserver) on
form.........is there any method....can u show me...plz.....(can we use
request.querystring() methdo ,,andif yes then plz tell me